Why BlackLine: Fast, Low-Risk Implementations
BlackLine is designed to get companies up and running quickly and easily, without any headaches. Since BlackLine offers its application via SaaS (Software-as-a-Service), there’s no need to buy on-premise hardware or software, which can often cause delays. The application is specifically designed so business owners and users can manage and configure it themselves. This means that projects are not delayed as a result of overburdened or unavailable IT resources.
BlackLine provides a number of other important enablers that help streamline implementations:
- Get up and running quickly and easily with assistance from BlackLine’s implementation experts, who have in-depth accounting and technical experience.
- Automate imports or bring information in through a flat file interface. The more quickly your information is moved into BlackLine, the more quickly you can access and use it.
- Employ out-of-the-box connectors to really speed up data integration.
- Access extensive configurability options, using a series of screens to select the options that best suit your company’s business practices. It is not necessary to hire expensive consultants to customize the system for your business.
- Use BlackLine’s SaaS application in 15 different languages (and growing), which makes adoption much easier for companies with global operations.
- Train users quickly with full-featured LMS (Learning Management System). It is included with the application free of charge. Online training is always available with a wide variety of classes to meet a variety of needs and levels. Many companies have used the BlackLine U training classes exclusively for their rollouts.
- Implement and use modules as needed. Your company can get immediate value from adopting one module initially and then adding others over time. On average, most companies complete their implementations in four to eight weeks, but many are up and running in as little as a week.
The BlackLine Financial Close Suite consists of six modules that are part of a single application. This allows for true integration and sharing of information between modules, which makes a number of accounting and financial close processes more efficient. Since all modules are built on the same framework, the user interface and workflow are consistent, and the learning curve for new modules is extremely small.
There is a much higher risk factor when software implementations go on and on without measurable improvements. The cost of a failed software implementation is quantified in terms of both the investment made in hardware and software as well as the time invested by individuals. By offering fast implementations with comparatively small monetary investments, companies’ overall risk is dramatically minimized with BlackLine’s SaaS offering.
“Implementation was super easy and all of our employees are much happier than prior to BlackLine.”
Senior Director of Corporate Accounting